Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Rosemary Olive Oil Crock Pot Bread!

    Yes, that's no mistake. Bread made in the crock pot. I'm not 100% thrilled with how this turned out but it's all on me and there are a couple of easy fixes. I found this on Host the Toast through pinterest (click the link for the recipe). I bought a little too much flour and yeast over the holidays so I've been on a mission to find some fantastic breads so I can start making it at home more often. 

     Don't worry, even without it being perfect it is VERY good. The directions are very specific and easy to follow. The bread is soft, dense, and just the right texture.

     I think I let the dough rise too much. I'm not a pro baker. I dunno. Someone out there that does, please share! It sure is a funky shape. It fell a bit on one side during baking/cooking/crock-potting. Maybe it was the parchment around it. I'm not sure. I followed the directions and it was nice and round when I put it in. It may have been fine without the second rise. Again, not sure.

     I'll be trying again to find out for sure. I also used dried rosemary instead of fresh. I'm not a fan of the saltiness on the top but I do think I'd brush some butter over it to get the crispy crust and golden color without broiling.

   This is awesome for two reasons besides being delicious (and it is! husband/kid approved!). #1. It's very simple to make. #2 It goes in the crock pot so the oven is free for other dishes . . . like, say, dessert.






5 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good :) I like the idea of trying in the crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely worth a try...didn't know you could do it in the crockpot:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...I love making bread, but I hate the amount of time it takes. Maybe I'll give this one a try and save some time. Is it a dense bread? Found your blog through the MaMade Blog Hop. BTW-tried to click on your google+ button and get an error message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's comparable to an italian bread. :) Dense and heavy fresh but it lightens up a bit. It's amazing with soup. . . or, you know, by itself. ;)

      Delete
  4. This sounds really good! Thanks so much for linking up at the MaMade Blog Hop! Don't forget to stop back again next week to link up and see if you were featured! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete